Our little family

Our little family

Monday, January 19, 2009

My Big Girl!



Well my little Jayda is definitely growing up fast! She is such a big girl these days. This past friday afternoon she went potty on the toilet for the first time! I was soooo excited for her and she was super excited too! I started having a feeling a few days ago that I should start trying to see if she would want to go on the potty. She knows when she goes and usually goes around the same time of day, so I figured why not? Sure enough the 2nd time I put her on the potty she went #1 & #2!! Maybe a little too much information for some, but mama is too proud not to share! By no means is she potty trained and it well probably still take a while for her to get out of diapers, but it is definitely a start. Since friday she's gone about once a day on the potty. I'm not pushing her, but just giving her the opportunity if she wants to go. I'm sure this isn't the "correct" way to potty train, but it works for her and works for me, so we're going to see how it goes. I think I'm going to try her in some pull ups pretty soon to see how those work. Wish us luck! Oh, she also just started combining 2 words together and her first combo is "Boo-Dada!". She says it ALL the time and thinks she is so funny! I keep trying to get her to say "Boo-Mama", but of course she won't!

Naked Jaybird dancing around before bath time!


A few weeks ago our good friends and neighbors, Scott and Michelle and their little girl Riley, had us over for a Christmas dinner and to exchange presents. The girls had so much fun playing and opening up their Christmas presents!

Jayda and Riley playing with their new presents.


Jayda with her purse from Riley.


Riley and Jayda riding around in Riley's new car, they love that car!

2 comments:

The Dalke's said...

Congratulations on potty time! Don't worry about doing it right or wrong. You do what works for the both of you and that's the correct way. Let me know how it goes :)

Anonymous said...

She's growing up fast. It won't take long and diapers will be a thing of the past.

Another milestone for the baby book!

Love, Oma