Our little family

Our little family

Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Little Birthday Bees!

We have been busy little birthday bees lately! No, it's nobody's birthday in our household, but we have had a lot of family members with birthdays in the past 2 weeks. To start we had Jacob's dad's birthday 2 weekends ago and celebrated with the family in Huntsville and had a great time seeing everyone. Then, the following tuesday night we threw a surprise birthday party for Jacob's brother at Saltgass Steakhouse here in Sugar Land. Klint thought that he and his girlfriend Brandy were just meeting his Dad and Suzie for dinner at Saltgrass on his birthday, but when he walked in he saw that it was much more than that! Most of his brothers and thier wives/girlfriends had come, along with our neighbors (Scott and Michelle, Scott plays softball with Klint), and Klint's best friend from high school Kevin had also come. I'm so glad that everyone was able to come and I think Klint had a great time!

Then, last weekend two of my best friends came to visit me and see our house for the first time. Kristi came down early on saturday morning and we went down to the town center, ate at La Madeline (my fav!) and did some shopping. Later that afternoon Andrea and Gonzalo stopped by to see us because they had come into Texas for a wedding in Sugar Land, how convenient! They actually got to stop by 2 times since there was a long break between the wedding and the reception. It was so nice to hang out with my ol' buddies and catch up. Hopefully we get to do lots more of it over the holidays! In preparation for them coming for the first time, I had been trying to order pictures and put them up in frames and such. So, I just had to take a few pictures of all my hard work (took many hours to do all of it)! My next project is to get the rest of the 600 pictures into photo albums, whew!

Anyways, on saturday evening my mom arrived and was nice enough to take our little family out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Jacob passing the bar exam! That was such a nice treat and we enjoyed some delicious food, and cheesecake of course. Thanks mom!! On sunday my mom babysat Jayda while we went to the Texans game with Klint and Brandy and Justin and Lourdes. We had a lot of fun at the game, despite the Texans losing by over 20 points! After the fun filled weekend it took me a few days to get Jayda back on schedule and into a routine.

Just as she settled back in, I decided to go on to Huntsville on Thursday to enjoy some time with my dad, whose birthday was the day before on Wednesday. We were planning to celebrate it on saturday, but I figured I might as well go on up. I'm so glad that we went and we did lots of fun things on our trip to huntsville! On Thursday night we went over to Nanna and Pawpaws house and ate dinner with them. Jayda had fun playing with them and enjoyed going up and down, up and down, up and down...on Pawpaw's chair. I think it was quite the workout for both Jayda and Pawpaw! On friday Jayda had fun spending time with her Oupa and on saturday I ran in the Kats for the Cause breast cancer run at the Sam Houston campus. Saturday morning was when the cold front blew threw here and it was freeeeezing out there at the run. Not only was it freezing cold, the wind was crazy! I ended up finishing in about the same time as I finished the Houston Race for the Cure and I do not know how seeing that there were a ton of hills on this course and a ton of wind! And, for those of you who know Huntsville, the final leg of the race was up the Bowers Blvd. HUGE hill! Is that not the craziest thing you've ever heard of? Well it may not be to you, but to me it seemed crazy! Why would you have people finishing a race going up a humongous hill??!! Anywho, it was fun getting back out there and running and I'm hoping I can start doing some more races. On saturday afternoon me, jacob, jayda and oma and oupa headed up to the duck pond so that Jayda could see the ducks. She is so used to seeing turtles (and feeding them) at the ponds we go to around here, so she kept saying "tur-too, tur-too??" the whole time we were at the duck pond. I think we ended up seeing 1 turtle, but we did find 3 little baby ducks. They were the cutest little black and yellow things ever! It was freezing outside on saturday, but they just kept jumping in and out of the water, so cute! On saturday night we celebrated my dad's birthday by making him his favorite shepards pie for dinner. It turned out really well and him seemed to thoroughly enjoy his birthday weekend! On sunday we all took Jayda to the 7th street park in huntsville. We had never been there, so we decided to go and check it out. She had fun pulling daddy and Oupa all through the playground and swinging with Oma.

We had a really fun weekend, plus we still have 2 more birthdays coming up! Jacob's brother Justin's birthday is this Thursday, then Jayda's little buddy Riley's 1st birthday party is this saturday! Oh, and tomorrow we are going to Austin for Jacob to get sworn in! Yay to seeing our law school friends, plus Jacob will finally be official!

Klint and Brandy with Jayda at Klint's surprise party!


Pictures of the pictures I put up!


More pictures!


Havin' fun at the duck pond.


Oma and Jayda watching the baby ducklings swim around.


Jayda and daddy reading books in her new tent from Oma!


Oupa and Jayda with his birthday presents!


Playing at the park!

2 comments:

Kris said...

that picture towards the end with your dad holding up the photos is too funny! little miss j looks like shes eyeing something mischievously =)
~kristi

The Dalke's said...

Girl you sound just as busy as us! It never slows down uh? I'm proud of you for running in a race! I finally starting running at the gym. Can you believe it?! Me RUNNING!! It kicks my butt but I like it...for now. :)