My Mother's Day weekend started off extra special when we went up to Jayda's school that friday for Muffins with Mom. Jayda was super excited that we came for it, and so was I. It was a bit crazy, to say the least. Apparently they'd never done this event during the day, usually it was at night, so lots of moms showed up...like 400 of them! It was nice that there was a good turnout, however we had to wait in line 1/2 way around the school to get in the cafeteria. And, by then they were out of muffins. Luckily there were some pastries left. After getting the girls some treats and getting them situated, then getting a 2nd round of pastries, after the first ones dropped on the floor, it was already time to go. Once I left I realized I never even got anything to eat myself. Oh well, the smile on Jayda's face when we came to pick her up in her classroom was absolutely worth it! And, we got stuck in a horrible thunderstorm on the way out of the school. It literally looked like it was the middle of the night when I walked outside. Quite the morning, but lots of fun too!
 |
| Sisters eating their pastries! |
 |
| Avery was so good the whole time, even with the long line and crazy people everywhere! |
 |
| Jayda was so happy we came to her school! Sweet girl. |
 |
| By saturday both girls were sick with a cold and running fever. Sydney had already had pink eye in both eyes and come down with a double ear infection by friday! Poor babies! We just laid low for most of saturday and they made cake balls with Jayda's EZ bake oven. They were delicious! |
 |
| By looking at them you'd have no idea they were sick! |
 |
| Sunday was Mother's Day, and also Baby Dedication day at our church. It was so special to dedicate Avery to Christ and promise to raise her in a loving Christian home. Super sweet that it was on Mother's Day, and that Ty was also in the ceremony! |
 |
| Our sweet Avery Mae after her Baby Dedication on May 12, 2013. |
 |
| Oma and I with the girls on Mother's Day. Such a special day! |
 |
| Our little family with Justin, Lourdes and Ty at church after sweet cousins had been dedicated to the Lord! |
 |
| Littlest Paschal baby girl with Mommy and Daddy! |
 |
| On sunday night Avery tried rice cereal for the first time. She did not seem to like it very much at all. She got a little bit of it down, but most of it came back out after she made a sour face. |
 |
Sweet pea turned 5 months old yesterday on May 14, 2013!
Avery is such a happy baby, we are truly so blessed to have her in our lives. Can't imagine life without her. Everytime I talk to her she smiles and her eyes just light up. She absolutely loves the girls and they make her smile and laugh all the time. They always want to hold her, bounce her in the bouncer, or bring her toys to play with. They are big helpers too if I need a diaper, towel, lotion etc. they are always there to help me out! It's nice to have a couple of little mamas around! |
 |
She was so happy when I took these pictures. It was the cuteset thing ever.
She was just smiling at me and kicking her little legs. She is definitely starting to move around more. She can roll over pretty easily from her tummy to back and vise versa. As soon as she gets on her tummy she is still flipping right over onto her back. She loves to see all around so I guess that's why she's still not a fan of tummy time. |
 |
I love this one! Can't believe in one month she'll be 1/2 a year old. It's crazy how fast she's grown!!
Avery has started pulling herself over when I change her diaper. Once I lay her down she grabs the changing table with both hands and pulls herself over on her side. It's getting a little tricky to change her diaper while she's on her side. :) She's also learned how to blow bubbles. It's her new trick and she does it all the time. She was blowing bubbles with her cereal the other night, which was pretty funny. And when she wakes up I can hear her blowing bubbles on the monitor.
It's pretty hilarious! |
 |
She still likes to put her feet together a lot.
She also grabs anything and everything in her sight. Then, once she gets ahold of it she puts whatever it straight in her mouth. She really likes her toys to chew on. Her favorite toy is a taggie toy that crinkles and has plastic corners for her to chew on. She also loves her little tiny bathtime book. Her minnie mouse rattle is still one of her favorites too. I keep checking her for teeth because I know she's going to get some in anytime now! |
 |
Avery is such a happy baby girl!
Right now she is still wearing size 3 months clothes, but I'm pretty sure I need to switch her into 6 month clothes. Her little toes are getting squashed in the 3 month sleepers. Guess that means it's time. :) She is still wearing size 2 diapers. |
 |
And of course big sister wanted to get in on the picture action too!
Avery loves bathtime. She smiles when I put her in the water and kicks her legs like crazy the whole time she's in the water. Avery also loves our little dog Daisy. She watches everywhere Daisy goes and likes to squeal and kick her legs when she sees her. Avery also squeals when she wants to get our attention, and she's really loud. Guess she has to be with 2 big sisters. Avery also has gotten some "stranger anxiety". She is completely fine when Mommy and Daddy hold her, but if someone else tries to hold her she usually starts crying. I think she's just becoming more aware of her surrondings and she'll get better as she gets older. But, for now she sure does love her Mommy and Daddy, and we sure do love her! :) |
 |
| Yesterday afternoon I took the girls out to the park to get some fresh air. Jayda stayed home from school for 2 days because she ended up coming down with a double ear infection too, so we were going a little stir crazy! |
 |
| I love this little munchkin SO much! |
 |
| Avery starts smiling as soon as you put her in the swing. She is definitely a Paschal girl! |
 |
The big girls LOVE to swing, and they also LOVE to push each other in the swings.
They were even fighting over who could push Avery. Silly girls! |
 |
| Guess Sydney finally decided to swing too. |
 |
| Last night I gave Avery bananas for the first time. She actually seemed to like them! I was really surprised since she'd spit the cereal out so much a few nights ago. A lot still came out of her mouth but she didn't make any horrible faces and seemed to swallow quite a bit of the bananas. Think we're going to need to mix some fruit in with that nasty cereal. :) |
I wanted to add in also about Avery's sleeping habits. Right now she takes 3 naps per day. One is from about 8:00-10:00 a.m., the second from 1:00-3:00 p.m. and the third is more of a catnap from about 5:30-6:15 p.m. She is still napping in her swing during the day (and is swaddled) and then sleeps in the pack n play all swaddled up right next to me at night. I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep putting her in the swing to sleep. She is getting a little too big for it, but she sleeps so well in it I hate to change it up. I've tried putting her down in her crib during the day and she sleeps for about half the amount of time. I'm also thinking we'll be moving her to her room to sleep at night in the next month or so....we shall see. :)
1 comment:
Awhhh so sweet! So cute how much they interact with one another. Lots of love:) Can't wait to see y'all again this weekend.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment