Our little family

Our little family

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Springtime Fun!

Well besides all of the pollen, allergies, colds, runny noses, sinus infections, coughs, doctors visits, and humidifiers that we have been dealing with now that spring has sprung, we have managed to fit in a little bit of fun too!

A few weeks ago I found Sydney some super cute tennis shoes at Payless on sale for only $5! Yay, I was so excited since she didn't have any tennis shoes to fit her. I put them on her the other day for the first time and she loved them! She walked all over the house modeling them and now wears them pretty much everytime we go out of the house.

Sydney with her new kicks on and holding the shoebox top. She kept wanting to carry it around the house.


"Can we go yet mommy?"


"No really mommy, I'm ready to GO!"


"This way....Ok, I'm leaving!"


Last week we went to Jacob's first softball game of the season. The girls love watching, and cheering on, their daddy at the game. And, they love playing on the hill right next to the softball field (probably more than watching the game). It is so funny to hear the girls yelling for Jacob. Jayda yells very loudly "GOOOOOOO DADDYYYYY!!!!" and Sydney just says "DAAADAAAA, DAAAADAAA!!" Pretty darn cute!

Jayda watching Jacob through the fence getting ready to bat.


Jayda still watching Jacob and Sydney looking around with no idea what is going on. She'll get the hang of it soon.


I actually bought this little UT hat for an auction up at Jayda's pre-school, but I had to try it on Sydney first. She looked hilarious in it, and she loved it. I'd actually wished I had bought her one too! She loves wearing hats, and taking them on and off. Maybe because she sees daddy wear hats all the time.

"Where'd Sydney go??"


"There she is!"


Last weekend we went to The Woodlands to celebrate cousin Cecilia's 3rd birthday. The girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousins and celebrating with lots of cake and jumping in the bounce house. So glad we were able to be there!

Sydney having fun at Ceci's party watching the puppet show!


Jayda and cousin Molly helping Ceci open her birthday presents. So fun!


Earlier this week me and the girls were heading out the door to the park and it started raining. They were both so excited to get out and play, so they were super disappointed when we had to turn right back around in the driveway and come in. So, I decided to bring the bounce house inside so that the girls could jump around and get some of their energy out. Sydney had lots of fun, but Jayda for some reason didn't do much of anything. She had been complaining that her stomach was hurting, so maybe that was why she wasn't too enthusiastic about the bounce house.

Sydney loved throwing the balls around the bounce house and Jayda did not want to play, or get her picture taken.


Woo-hoo!!


Still not into playing. This is very unusual for miss Jayda!


And, as you can see little Sydney scraped up her little nose outside on the driveway when we had to come back in from the rain. Not real sure how she tumbled over, but she did and landed on her nose. It is looking much better now. Poor little thing!

Riley came over to play with Jayda the other day and little miss thing just had to get up on the couch to see what was going on. Yep, just climbed right on up all by herself! She wants to be in the middle of everything Jayda does. I think it's pretty cute, but Jayda doesn't always think it's too funny. Luckily she does share very well with Sydney and is very sweet to her most of the time.

And there she is, sitting up on the couch like a big girl.


"Whatcha' doing over here Jayda? Can I see?"

2 comments:

ree said...

So sweet!! Sisters can be great friends too.

Love,
Oma

Andrea said...

Ha! Sydney is so cute sitting up on the couch! Sara was trying to climb on our chair the other day but she's still a little too short for it.