Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Time for an update!

So, it is definitely time to put up some more recent pictures! I would have done this a lot sooner, however our computer broke. We finally just figured out it is the monitor (on the laptop) that has gone out, so for time being we have rigged the laptop up to a t.v. screen so that it can still be used. And, if you see lots of typos or misplaced pictures or titles in this post, it is because I can only see part of this screen! Jacob is still shopping around for a new computer, since this is not too cool, so if you have any suggestions on new laptops, fill us in! Hopefully we find a new one soon!

Anywho, not too much has been going on around here lately. One big thing was Sydney turned 3 months old on May 11th! I took her to get her pictures done at Portrait Innovations a few days after that and I think they turned out SO cute! I also got some done of Sydney and Jayda in matching ladybug outfits(courtesy of Oma) so that was super cute too. The little S is doing well and still teething like crazy. She will chomp down on your finger for as long as you will let her! She also likes to chew on teething rings, but she can't hold them yet. We recently got her a high chair/booster seat combo to put in one of our chairs at the dinner table, so it is fun to have her sit in there with us like a big girl. She doesn't last too long before she wants out of it, but I'm sure she will get more used to it. She is still not a big fan of the carseat and if she is in there and becomes hungry or tired, LOOK OUT because she is going to scream her little tiny head off! She is still cooing and smiling a lot and almost rolled over from her back to her tummy yesterday for the first time! She didn't quite do it, but I think it will be any day now. She was laying on her playmat and got tired of it and started fussing. She started arching her back because that's what she does when she gets mad and nearly flipped herself over! It was pretty funny because of course crazy momma had to run and get the video camera because I thought I might be able to catch the moment of video tape and poor little thing was just crying and wanted to be picked up while I just kept on video taping her. I could tell Jayda was like, mommy what in tne world are you doing? So, finally I turned off the video camera and picked little bit up. Maybe another day!

big news with Jayda is that she is now officially done with the paci! Yay, I wasn't sure how we would ever get rid of that one! It wasn't that big of a deal (to me) because she would only get it when she went to sleep, but I knew it was time to get rid of it. So, when we went to huntsville one of the last weekends we took Jacob's truck to get some stuff worked on at the car dealership. We accidently left the paci in his truck, so for nap time that day we didn't have it. I was able to put her to sleep without it, so I decided that would be a great time to "lose" the paci. So, after that we just told her that the paci got lost at the car dealership, but that it was ok because big girls don't need pacis. She asked for it for a few days, but since then has been perfectly fine without it. Yay!! She does still cuddle up to her teddy bear and blanket when she goes to sleep and has been doing really well! Also, my parents just recently gave Jayda my old bedroom suit from when I was little. We brought it to our house and set it up and Jayda just started sleeping in her new big girl bed about a week ago! It's a twin size bed and she loves it! Last weekend we went to Target and picked out a new comforter set, so she has been very excited about all of this. Even better, she sleeps really well in her new bed, so that is super exciting!! I think that is about all the excitement around here for now!

Sweet sisters! Jayda said we had to take a picture of them because they were mathcing!


FMom and I on Mother's Day at Olive Garden!


Sweet Sydney with Daddy doing some couch shopping.


We went to Ashley Furniture to shop for Oma a new couch, looks like we found her one, haha!!


So I only thought Jayda looked like her daddy! Now, I realize that Sydney is his mini-me! How can this be??


Jayda all dressed up for church on Mother's Day morning, so pretty!


Jacob and I with the little one on Mother's Day!


Jayda likes to hold teething rings in Sydney's mouth for her. What a sweet big sister!


This is what it looks like every morning when Jayda and I go in to get Sydney
"

Chewing on a fishy!
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhcE7-bRVYivbeIsXGrj8nWS0tV-LspvNnits9PZCcLhJrE4Jqf0471cF_5IuNDF-LovNOrY95DAn_T_emkMVx7rC6u8syO-f74hViqueS5SCxRzqhObzWW712-io9fMvi8H89zYG8x0HU/s1600/5-19-10+054.jpg">

Sydney smiling so big for the camera! She was 3 months old on the day I took these pictures!


Say cheeeeese!


My little sweet pea! Just wanted to take a picture of her all wrapped up. This is how Sydney always sleeps!
ha href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEikbPnOmzIv_7RfmhaSYyWNJMTKMoK1BKhJ2DJrh0v7bnUUDNUL3PjnP819uOMx_a05Jc8KKZA5lNqfDq5HDWW1OPsR2YQltJ5QKq5-L09zrNU0bylkwmhAJihHqQxfdsHOtT3ynMCoSZk/s1600/5-19-10+081.jpg">

All dressed up in blue for church!


This is a signature Sydney pose! And, don't you just love the adorable bow she has on? My neighbor Michelle made this (and a bunch more) for the girls and they are SO cute! If you want to buy any let me know and I'll pass it on to Michelle!













5 comments:

Jolene said...

YAY!!!! finally. haha. i know, i never post so i really can't say anything, but i always want to see pictures! love it.

Jolene said...

PS...I think Syd might keep those beautiful blue eyes!

Kris said...

haha cute, i love the "i'm eating a fish" picture.

and you should totally get a mac!

ree said...

Syndey looks great in those colorful outfits!!! The blue really brings out the color of her eyes.

Thanks! Love, Oma

Andrea said...

Cute pictures! I've done the same thing to Sara on the playmat-video taping while she's crying hoping she'll roll over! I'm planning to go to Portait Innovations for Sara's 3 month pics too! I heard it's good and cheap!