Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Fall 2014 Update

Wow, I think I completely forgot I even have a blog for about the past 2 months!  Everything has been so busy lately I haven't had much time to even take pictures, much less blog about them.  I just realized that it's been over a month since I last posted, so I figured it was time for an update.  I think this is the least amount of pictures I've ever had in a post...I've got to start somewhere though!

This Fall I was asked to help with PTO at Jayda's school and gladly took on teacher appreciation.  This means that every month I coordinate something nice to be done for the all (75) of the teachers and staff.  So, as you can imagine it has been quite the job!  The first month I got custom drink orders from Sonic for the staff, then last month I set up a big breakfast for everyone complete with donuts (thanks to Brookshire Brothers) and tons of other goodies!  Next month I'm planning a catered lunch for the teachers from Olive Garden, yum!  Anyhow, PTO has been keeping this Momma busy!  Jacob and I are also leading a sharegroup at our church with Gonzalo and Andrea that meets every Sunday evening at 5:00.  That has also been taking up some of our time and keeping us busy, but it's been really nice.  Jacob has been working a ton, as usual, but its a good thing.  He really likes his new job and is doing very well at the firm.  We are so thankful that everything has worked out with our move to Huntsville and Jacob's new job...now for our new house!  We are in the process of building a house, yay!!  We have done the survey, soil test, been approved by the city, and pretty much figured out the floorplan.  There are a few more preliminary things we have to do before we start, but hopefully we'll be able to start building in the next month or two.  I can not wait!!

Jayda and Sydney both started tumbling at Iron Works last month and seemed to really be liking it.  Unfortunately, after the first month Sydney decided it wasn't for her.  After pushing her to finish softball last spring, and swim team last summer, we decided to let her stop tumbling if she wasn't interested in it.  Jayda is still in tumbling and loves it.  She can do her bridges really well now, as well as cartwheels and roundoffs.  She can't wait until she can do a back handspring!  I was really hoping Jayda would want to dance again this year, but she didn't want to.  We are going to let her try out different activities and see what she likes best.  A few weeks ago she started playing basketball outside at the house and really likes that too.  We may sign her up for a youth co-ed basketball league...we will see.  Both girls are doing great in school and love their teachers.  Jayda is reading very well and has started reading chapter books, yay!  She actually just finished her first one yesterday.  We were so proud!  Sydney loves school and can't wait until its her turn to go!  She has lots of fun at school and loves playing with her best friend Sara.  Sydney gets to take naps at school so she thinks that is pretty neat.  Most days when I pick her up she is just waking up from her nap.

I took pictures for PTO at the Grandparent's Day photo booth.
Isn't this just so cute?!

The girls wanted to play in the photo booth after I was finished.

Sweet little sisters!

Love our three girls!

Avery is such a little handful these days!  We like to call her the little tornado, because that is what she is like.  She runs around the house and pulls things out, throws stuff down, rips through her sisters dressers and shoes, pulls kitchen towels out of the cabinets, and lots of other fun stuff!  She has started talking a lot and puts 2 and 3 words together a lot.  I'm sure she will be talking in full sentences soon.  She loves to play with shoes and has to put some on as soon as she gets up in the morning and after nap time.  She loves to play with dress ups shoes, but anyone's shoes will pretty much do.  If she gets into her sisters room she will immediately start pulling out all of  their shoes and trying them on.  She is so silly.
  

Climbing on sisters bunk bed and pulling out her shoes...a usual occurrence!

"Toos, toos, toos!" (shoes)

Sweet miss Avery Mae!

Such a little ham.

Avery loves to be outside!  She says "side, side" all the time and pulls your hand so that you will take her outside.  She cries every single time she has to come back in the house.  She'd love to stay outside all day if she could.  Some of her favorite things to do outside are ride on the kiddie roller coaster (by herself-nobody can help her), ride in her little pink car, draw with sidewalk chalk, jump on the trampoline and play in big sister's jeep.  She is so funny and keeps us on our toes all the time!

Playing outside...her favorite place to be!

Chasing Daisy into the pasture.  She LOVES Daisy so much!



3 comments:

ree said...

So glad you updated...I've been checking every week a couple times but know your super busy. Don't forget the pictures you have of the girls with the pumpkins at Oma's house. Also, never saw anything about your birthday:/

Love,
Mom

ree said...

correction...you're

Jolene said...

oh my gosh, i want to talk to you about the house! that is so exciting.