Our little family

Our little family

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Avery Mae Paschal

Little miss Avery Mae Paschal arrived on December 14, 2012 at 7:53 a.m.  She was perfect, healthy, and so beautiful!  I had a schedulued c-section so everything went very smoothly.  Jacob, my mom and I headed to the hosptial that morning around 5:30 a.m.  After arriving at the hospital I had to change into the hospital gown, sign a lot of paperwork, and then get hooked up to an iv to get the fluids going.  The anesthesiologist came in to talk to me around 7:15 about the epidural and then the surgical nurse took me back to the operating room at 7:30 a.m.  I got my epidural and the nurses got me all prepped and ready for surgery.  I was pretty shaky because I was a bit nervous so my sweet nurse got me several warm blankets and covered me all up.  My amazing doctor came into the OR and was all ready to get miss Avery out. Thankfully once she started doing the c-section I stopped shaking and calmed down.  I felt so peaceful and couldn't wait for my baby girl to be born.  After starting surgery they brought Jacob in and I squeezed his hand really hard for the rest of the c-section.  Probably within about 2 minutes of Jacob coming in our sweet baby girl was born.  I remember the dr. assisting my dr. said "ok there's going to be a lot of pressure" and then they pulled her out.  As soon as she came out she was crying very loud and that was the best sound that we could've heard!  She was crying really loud little fast cries.  I remember saying "baby, baby, baby, oh baby!"  I was so glad she came out crying!  Jacob got to see her when she came out and then they took her into the little side room inside of the OR to get her cleaned up, checked and weighed.  I kept asking Jacob who she looked like and saying that I wanted to see her.  Jacob couldn't quite tell who she looked like yet but he did take a picture of her and brought it over to show me while they were finishing up the surgery.  After a few minutes they brought her out for me to see her and she was so perfect!  I first thought that she looked a lot like Jayda.  Now I think she looks a lot like both girls, and me (yay)!  It seems like she is going to look a lot like Sydney, but have Jayda's eyes.  Such a great combination!  Once they finished the surgery and put me onto the recovery bed the nurse laid her on my chest and they wheeled me back to my room.  Avery was so beautiful and sweet and I was so in love with her!  She had lots of bubbles coming out of her mouth at first since she was born via c-section and didn't have everything squeezed out.  She just kept looking at me and blowing bubbles.  She also started putting her hands in her mouth a lot.  I figured she'd want to nurse since she kept sucking on her hands so I tried and she latched on right away as if she'd done it 100 times.  It was so sweet and she has been a great nurser ever since!  She did great in the hospital and slept well too.  It was so nice to have the nursery for her to go to at night so that Jacob and I could get some sleep.  Avery is such a good baby and so sweet, we could not ask for anything more! 
 
 The night before Avery was born we had a big sister party for Jayda and Sydney.  They got a few big sister shirts and some other big sister gifts.  They were both so excited and ready to meet their baby sister Avery!
 
Our 1st born Jayda Michelle.
 
2nd born, Sydney Anne.
 
Arriving at the hospital, 5:30 a.m. on 12-14-12.
 
Daddy all ready to go into the OR and meet his baby girl!
 
And she's here!!  Avery Mae was born at 7:53 a.m. on December 14, 1012!  So perfect!

She weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long. 

Meeting my sweet baby girl, love at first sight!!
Daddy holding his baby for the first time!
 
Oma meeting Avery.


Sweet baby girl getting all cleaned up.
 
Already putting those little fists in her mouth.

Jayda and Sydney meeting their sister for the first time.  Love!
 
They love her so much!
 
The girls got big sister hospital bracelets from the nurse and they thought that was so neat!
 
Me with all 3 girls for the first time.  Love my sweet babes!
 
The nurse took Avery down to the nursery for a little bit after she was born
and the girls had to go down there to see what they were doing with their baby.
 
Sweet Avery hanging out under the warmer in the nursery.
 
Getting all warmed up!
 
Cousins Ty and Avery meet for the first time, so cute!
 
Oma and Oupa with grandbaby #3.
 
Sydney brought Avery a pink monkey to the hospital and wanted it to be with her at all times.
 
Putting Avery's paci in for her.
 
Love this picture of little A!

Nana and Pawpaw with all 3 girls!

Jayda loves holding her baby sister, and she does such a good job!

Can't get enough of the little miss.
 

Muah!

Nana and Avery!

So funny how her little face can get so red.
 
Uncle Justin came up to meet his little neice.
 
 
Auntie Lourdes meeting Avery for the first time.
 
So in love with the newest addition to our family!


Our 3 little angels!
 
IMG_5520
Snuggling with her baby.
IMG_5532
She did so good and didn't even cry at all when we put her in the car seat, or all the way home.
IMG_5533
The big sisters are ready to take Avery home!
IMG_5530
Woo-hoo, leaving the hospital!
IMG_5519
So excited to take my sweet baby home.
IMG_5546
We couldn't forget the monkey from Sydney. :)
IMG_5547
Jayda had to hold her as soon as we got home!
IMG_5552
And Sydney did too!
IMG_5556
And somebody has a full little belly.
A few days after Avery was born we took her to get newborn photos done.  I'm so glad we did this and they turned out beautiful!  I love all of these pictures of our sweet baby girl!

Avery_Newborn-01

Avery_Newborn-02
Avery_Newborn-03
Avery_Newborn-14
Avery_Newborn-15
Avery_Newborn-19
Avery_Newborn-18
Avery_Newborn-08
Avery_Newborn-09
Avery_Newborn-05
Avery_Newborn-06
Avery_Newborn-11
Avery_Newborn-12
Avery_Newborn-20
Avery_Newborn-22

3 comments:

Jolene said...

Yay! An update. What a sweet blessing.

ree said...

Awesome experience I'll never forget. Three granddaugters I never even imagined we would have. Thank you for the blessings!

Love,
Oma

LC said...

I have been checking and checking, so excited for this blog to come! Avery is so sweet, and I love that J & S are already taking such good care of her. Love you all!!! So happy for you guys!