Today was Jayda's first day of Kindergarten! In some ways it's hard to believe she is actually starting school, and in some ways it feels like we have been waiting forever for this day to come! She has been super excited about starting kindergarten, so this morning she was ready to go! I have been so ready for her to start school for a long time, but yesterday I think it finally hit me and I got a bit sad. Can't believe my little girl is going to be gone all day everyday to school! However, I know that is exactly where she needs to be and she is so ready! I had to wake her up bright and early this morning at 6:45 to get ready for school. Daddy came to help wake her up too. I think I'll have to get her up a little earlier tomorrow because we were a little rushed this morning.
 |
| Good morning little kindergartener! It's time for school! |
 |
| All dressed and ready for Kindergarten! |
 |
| First day of school 2012, woo-hoo!! |
 |
| Little sister had to get in on the action too! |
 |
Walking with daddy to school on the first day.
She was so happy that daddy could come too! |
 |
| Going down the hallway to her classroom. |
 |
| Family pic on Jayda's first day of Kindergarten! |
 |
| Saying hi to her her new friend! |
 |
All done with her first day of school, yay Jayda!
Now for the walk home!
Jayda said she had lots of fun on her first day of kindergarten. She said she played a lot and saw several of her friends outside at recess. She told me they were not allowed to do the monkey bars, or the swings outside. Apparently little ones had gotten hurt on the monkey bars and I'm not sure why they couldn't swing. She said they also read a book about kisses and got a hershey kiss afterwards, which she really liked! She also told me that at lunch they had to stay sitting down the whole time and couldn't get up to throw their trash away until lunchtime was over. She seemed quite surprised by this rule. :) Overall it sounded like it was a great day and she said she loved kindergarten. So glad she had a wonderful first day!
|
1 comment:
That's great she had a good first day. Looks like everyone enjoyed this memory making day. It's a imprint that lasts a lifetime. She made a good choice picking out her outfit:) Really cute!!
Love,
Oma
Post a Comment