Our little family

Our little family

Monday, January 24, 2011

Sydney Starts Walking! Jayda Turns 3 1/2!

Sydney learned how to walk today! Hip hip hooray! We are SO excited for her! We, being me and Jayda since we are the only ones that have seen her do this! Sydney has been wanting to walk for at least the past month but hadn't quite figured it out. About a week ago she started standing up all the time and clapping for herself. It seemed as if she would start walking anyday! But, everytime we would put our hands out for her to walk to us she would plop down and crawl to us. She has also liked holding someone's hand to help her walk, but had never tried to do it on her own. She just wasn't ready yet. But, today while I was in the kitchen she had a very determined look on her face, put her arms out, and took the tiniest baby step I have ever seen! It was so cute and amazing and I started hooping and hollering! She did her right foot at first a couple of times before she realized she needed to move one foot and then the other one to go forward. After stepping her right foot out several times she then moved her left foot and figured out that she was moving. Jayda and I were so excited for her. Because we were yelling and clapping for her she knew this was a very big deal. She was even clapping for herself! She hasn't moved very far yet, but I know this is only the beginning and by the end of the day she is probably going to be all over the house!







Ok, so I have had some MAJOR issues with uploading videos and pictures today! GRRR! I finally just got a few pictures off of my camera today of Sydney walking and Jayda at 3 1/2. I have tried uploading a video of Sydney walking for several hours today and nothing worked! I will keep trying to get it uploaded because it is too cute! Here are just a few pics!


Coincedentally, today is Jayda's 3 1/2 birthday!

Jayda likes to get clothes out of her dresser and uses her rocking horse to stand on to get out what she wants. Gotta love her "do it myself" little spirit!


I can't believe she's already hit the 3 1/2 mark. It seems like just yesterday she turned 3! Jayda is so sweet and loving at this age. She has a very strong will and wants what she wants when she wants it. She loves her baby sister more than anything in the world, besides daddy of course! She tries to pick Sydney up all the time and hold her like she does with her baby dolls. Whenever I tell her to put Sydney down she just says "But I just looooove her mommy!" It is so sweet! I was getting onto her the other night and she was about to go to timeout and she pointed her little finger at me and said "God is watching YOU!!" Oh my goodness, you can only imagine! She has a huge imagination these days! She is constantly talking to her imaginary friends (usually Riley or her classmates Mary or James) and telling them what to do, when to go to the bathroom, to follow her in the line, to march like penguins, to eat their lunch, to sit in timeout, and it goes on and on. It is amazing how she can carry on such conversations with her imaginary friends. The only bad thing about this wide imagination is that she gets scared easily, of monsters, bad people, witches etc. at night when she goes to bed. Or, she has dreams about these bad things she imagines. We just have to comfort her and love her and help her through her fears and reassure her that she is ok. Sometimes it is quite sad to see how upset she gets about certain things, i.e. - witches! At one point a few months ago she was deathly afraid of witches after watching the movie Snow White. She wouldn't go to the bathroom on her own or go anywhere by herself because she was worried about the witch. We had to put signs on the door saying "No witches allowed!", put swords at her door to scare the witches away, daddy told her that he shot all the bad witches, and so did Mr. Scott! This went on for a good week or so before she realized that no bad witches were going to get her. Poor baby! We got over that and haven't run into anything else quite as frieghtening. Thank goodness! She has been having some bad dreams lately about monsters and bad guys, but they haven't been too bad. She loves to play hide and go seek and would play that game for hours. She especially loves to play it with Bubba and Caitlyn, but will settle for a game with mommy and daddy from time to time. Jayda likes to play games. Some of her favorites are Chutes and Latters, Memory, Yahtzee, and she loves to put puzzles together. The big floor sized ones are extra fun! She likes figuring things out and being challenged. Jayda loves pre-school and is thriving there. She has learned so much and I am so proud of her. She likes to tell you whose letter belongs to who like "A" is my letter and "J" is her letter and "O" is Oma's letter and "M" is Mary's letter and you get the point. Whenever we are out somewhere she will point to a sign or label and say "Look mommy that is so and so's letter!" She also LOVES painting. She gets to paint at school quite a bit and I let her paint at home too. Usually once a day or once every other day. She loves to paint pictures and then give them to people. She is a very giving little girl and I love that about her. She always wants to help others and cares about others. She still thinks that every night when daddy gets home "it's the weekend!!" She gets disappointed most nights. She tells me, Jacob and Sydney "I love you" all the time. Jayda also loves to give us hugs a lot and still wants to be held sometimes. She loves to be outside and loves to play at the park and with other kids. Jayda is very social and can make friends with anyone. She usually goes up to other kids wherever we are and asks what their name is. Jayda loves to play with any and everyone's phone, and camera for that matter. She really likes playing games on my iphone and it is quite the treat when she gets to. She actually can take some pretty good pictures! Guess she learns from the best, hahaha! She also likes to use the remote and fastforward her t.v. shows, when mommy will let her. She enjoys watching the show Wipeout with daddy. Jayda is an animal lover. She does a good job of pulling little ones around in her and Sydney's new red wagon. She always wants it to be summertime so that can go swimming. I know there are many more amazing things about our amazing daughter, but it is getting too late for mommy that had no sleep last night. We love you sweet Jayda!

3 comments:

ree said...

Oh my goodness and I was just there yesterday watching her stand so confidently on her own. You can tell she's putting some thought into those first steps. It's a blessing you have two sisters who can share these very special moments together! Can't wait to see it!

Love, Oma

Jolene said...

Happy 3 and 1/2, Jayda! And Miss Sydney walking is awesome! I need to see you guys soon obviously.

Andrea said...

Aw Jayda is too sweet! I love all the ways you described her at this age. Yay for Sydney, that is awesome! I really hope you can get that video up!!