Jayda is 2 years old plus a couple months and I realized that I needed to do a post on what she's been up to lately, recent milestones, her personality etc., etc.
-For starters she just had her first hair cut ever this past saturday. It's hard to belive she was a whole 2 years old before she ever even got a hair cut!! We took her to the kids hair salon, Snip Its, in the Woodlands mall for this experience. She loved getting her hair washed and looked so cute walking over to her chair with a little towel wrapped on her head. She did so well while the lady cut her hair and they even fixed her hair up with pig tails, bows and sparkles! After she finished she got down and started walking around strutting her stuff like she was a big deal, which she was of course, right?! It was so cute and such a sweet memory! And don't worry, crazy picture/video camera mommy got it all on tape!
-She is realllly into changing clothes/shoes/panties ALL the time. And, no she doesn't want mommys help, she wants to do it all by herself. Everytime we leave the house, get home from going out, get dirty, get wet, eat lunch, take a nap, do anything, miss Jayda thinks it's time to change her clothes. Most of the time I let her do it, but I do have boundaries to what she can wear and she usually doesn't leave the house looking too crazy...although I'm sure those days are going to be gone soon! It's pretty cute seeing her dress herself and she loves the independence!
-We are pretty much completely potty trained! I'm sure I've said this before, but this is a LONG process! She had been doing really well about using the potty at home, but did not want to use the potty out in public. Well, just within the past week she has started going on the potty when we are out and about and wearing panties (instead of a pull up). Then, today for the very first time EVER, she went on the potty at church!! For as long as she's been "potty trained" she has never gone in the church nursery. Today when I walked in to pick her up from bible study her teacher told me that she went on the potty in class! You don't know how proud and happy that makes a mommy that has been potty training their child for the past 6 months!!! She was SO proud of herself! We yelled and clapped all the way home and even called to tell daddy at work about the good news! This truly was a huge milestone for her! And, a huge lesson for mommy. It doesn't matter how badly I want her to be potty trained, or go potty in public, or whatever it may be, she has to want to do it herself, in her own time, and when she feels comfortable. Praise the Lord that time has finally come!
-Jayda has learned many bible songs at church and she loves to sing the Lord's Army and Jesus Loves Me. For some reason especially after she gets out of the bath at night she runs around in her room naked and sings the Lord's Army. And, she doesn't sing it at the normal pace, she sings it really fast and crazy. It is so funny and so sweet! One of the sweetest things ever is to hear her little voice sing Jesus Loves Me! Oh, it just melts my heart! I love her little sweet, innocent voice!
-She is very affectionate and loves to give us hugs and kisses and loves for us to love on her. She is very sweet to her baby dolls. She rocks them, sings to them, hugs them etc. She also likes to talk to baby Sydney in mommy's belly! One of the funniest things she says is (in her own grammer) "Hey baby Syndy, whatcha' doin in der? Playin wit' toys, yah?" It makes me laugh everytime she says that. It is so sweet to think that she really does think that little Sydney is playing with toys in mommy's belly! I can't wait to see her interactions with Sydney once she gets here, I just know that she is going to be a great big sister!
-Jayda is talking very well. She puts together many sentences and will copy you like a parrot with whatever you say. Here are a few of the common things she says:
"I want to watch Mickey Mouse mommy"
"I want some milk"
"I'm tired"
"Can I ride my bike to the park?"
"I need my flip flops"
"I need a new shirt"
"Where's my ______?"
"I need to tee-tee"
And you get the point. These are only a few examples that I can think of, but I just want to remember these little details.
-She loves going to chruch on sundays and tuesdays and playing with other kids. It is great for her to have the social interaction, plus it's a great place for her to learn about the bible! She also really likes going to playgroup once a week. She is very much an extrovert and loves to play with other kids. She would much rather play with kids than play by herself. She has a strong personality and has an opinion about everything. She is always telling me "I like that", or "No, I don't like that!" At least the girl knows what she wants!
-She has become more of a monkey! She goes around the house to any ledge on a counter top and says "Look mommy!" and pulls herself up on the counter while her legs dangle. She does this probably 20x's a day! Everytime she says "I'm cong (strong) mommy!" She also discovered that she can pull her little tricycle around the house, stand on the seat, and reach just about anything on the counter tops that mommy has put away so that she COULDN'T reach them. That's been fun! The other day I was talking on phone and turned around to see her with her bike pulled up in the pantry and standing on the 2nd to highest ledge in my pantry! Talk about a heart attack! I ran over and yanked her down. Of course she started screaming and crying because I had taken her down since she had seen some left over Nemo cups from her birthday party up in the very top of the pantry and was trying to get one down before I got to her. I simply told her to tell me the next time she wants a cup and I'll get one down for her, sheesh! Once she decides she wants something, she goes for it!
-She is very fearless! That is a good and bad thing. It's good because she is very independent, doesn't need mommy too much, happy playing on her own, and lots of fun to do all kinds of fun things with. On the other hand it's bad because she is not scared of running out into places where she shouldn't be, jumping into water when she shouldn't be, climbing onto things where she definitley does not need to be, etc..I just have to keep a very close eye on the little miss while continuing to encourage her independence!
-Her favorite color right now is blue. She picks out blue panties, blue candy, blue t-shirts, blue crayons, blue everything! Most of the time she says "blue _____, like daddy". So I think it's because daddy likes blue and wears blue shirts that she is so in love with blue right now, it is so sweet!
-She loves to look at pictures and photo albums. She will either tell you who everyone in the picture is, or ask you who everyone in the picture is. She could sit down and look at a photo album for 30 minutes straight (which 30 mintues for a 2 yr. old is really good).
-She is very curious and loves to learn new things. If she ever sees or hears something and doesn't know what it is she always asks us "what's that?" Altough it does get tiring answering 100 million questions a day, I love that she is so aware of her surrondings and wants to learn about everything around her.
P.S- I'll be putting up first hair cut pictures very soon!
2 comments:
Sweet sweet Jayda! I just love her!
Miss Jayda is a SMART little girl! She is going to love helping take care of her sister.
Love, Oma
Post a Comment