Our little family

Our little family

Monday, October 5, 2009

Fun Fall Festivites!

Well fall seems to be in full swing, despite the yucky, rainy, hot weather! We have been doing lots of fun activites lately and we're gearing up to do even more fun stuff throughout the rest of October!

Two weekends ago we went to Jayda's little friend's 3rd birthday party at a park by our house. The park that the party was held at happened to be where we met her friend, so that was pretty neat. The girls had so much fun at the party playing at the playground, riding around in someone's wagon (not sure who it belonged to), playing in the sand at the volleyball court, and eating cupcakes! Oma came in town for a short visit on saturday so she got to go the party with us and hang out on sunday for a while.

Jayda and Olive taking a juice break at Olive's 3rd birthday party.


Who needs the cake when you have icing?? Enjoying the top of her cupcake at the party.


Oma and Jayda last weekend.


Last wednesday we went to Joe's Crab Shack for playgroup. The moms got to sit around and talk while all the kiddos played on the playground and ran around like crazy. We had a lot of fun and it's a great place to take the kids! Jayda kept running inside to the restaraunt (we were sitting outside on the patio so we could watch the little ones) even though she wasn't supposed to. I kept having to chase after her and pull her back outside. One time I ran inside to get her, for the 100th time and I didn't see her right away. All of a sudden I heard a little voice say "Hey mama!!". I turned around and there she was hiding in the booth with her little friend who she had brought inside with her. It was pretty funny so I just had to get a picture. Little turkey!

Jayda playing in the tunnel at Joe's Crab Shack. She thought this was the funniest thing!


Jayda and Thomas being mischevious at playgroup, can ya tell?


This past weekend my mom came to stay with us to do the Race for the Cure in downtown houston on saturday morning. Unfortunately this year I could not run with her (boo) since I'm prego, so I went along with her for moral support. As usual we had a lot of fun and mom even improved her time from last year by 15 seconds, way to go mom!!! Jayda and Jacob came up to meet us after the race was over and we walked all around and got lots of fun, free stuff. We always have a great time at these races, I can't wait to participate again next year! Later that evening we went to check out our neighborhood's annual Harvest Festival. We didn't go last year, so this was our first time to go and we weren't sure what it would really be like. It ended up being really awesome, especially for the kids. They were giving train rides, had 4 bounce houses set up, booths, bake sales, concerts, rock climbing wall, petting zoo, camel rides plus lots more! Jayda had so much fun and we were so mad we only went up there with 1 hour left! Next year we'll have to get out much earlier!

The 3 of us at the Race for the Cure Houston on saturday.


Jumping around like crazy in the bounce house at the race.


Our little running back!


Going for a ride on the choo-choo train at our neighborhood's Harvest Festival.


Sliding with daddy at the festival.


Sunday was Oma's birthday! I made us chinese sundae for lunch after church that we all enjoyed and then we celebrated with homemade carrot cake for desert! We hope you had a great birthday Oma!

Giving Oma her homemade birthday present.


Singing happy birthday to Oma!


Soooo excited that she helped blow out the candles!!

4 comments:

Joe and Sara said...

Aubree, you look great. I love all the pics

Jolene said...

AAAAHHH! I see your cute preg-o belly! Yay! Looks like a fun weekend.

Andrea said...

Looks like y'all have been having a lot of fun! You look great, and Jayda is as cute as ever!

ree said...

Aubree,

Thanks for the wonderful B-day weekend. It was great! Means so much to spend it with ya'll. I had a lot of fun!

Love, Mom/Oma