Last week 2 of Jayda's cousins, Cole and Caitlyn, came to stay with us from Monday to Thursday. We all had a blast together and did a lot of cool stuff. After I picked them up on monday morning we came home and had lunch, then headed off to swim at the neighborhood pool. Jayda had so much fun swimming and playing with her cousins. After the pool Jayda took a nap and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese to play. That night we enjoyed tacos for dinner and brownies for desert, yummy! On tuesday morning we woke up and got ready to head off to the Children's Musuem downtown. We got there around 10:30 and stayed until about 2:30. The kids all had so much fun and Jayda did a lot of the bigger kid stuff that she hadn't done before since her cousins were there with her. After the musuem we got some ice cream and ran by Jacob's office to say hi. The kids had fun checking out Jacob's office. After we got home Brandy took Cole and Caitlyn to their house to stay the night. Jayda came home and took a really long nap! Klint and Brandy brought the kiddos back over to our house on wednesday evening and I had cooked us all dinner. So, we enjoyed dinner and then got ready to go to the boys playoff softball game (Jacob, Klint and Justin all play on a league in our neighborhood). We all went over to the ballpark and played on the playground for a while before the game started and then watched the game. Unfortunately Jacob got stuck at work that night until 10 p.m., so he didn't make the game. They won the game and the finals are actually tomorrow night! On thursday morning we got up and Cole and Caitlyn got all of their stuff packed up and got ready. We then went over to the galleria and did some ice skating. Unfortunately you have to be at least 3 to ice skate (2 years old won't cut it), so Jayda and I couldn't skate. Cole and Caitlyn did really well and really had fun. Caitlyn skated for a straight 2 hours!! Jayda wanted to skate so bad and kept going over to the ice and touching it and trying to put her feet out on it to pretend that she was skating, poor thing, we'll have to go again next year! After all the ice skating everyone had worked up a big appetite so we went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. Justin, Lourdes, and Jacob all came to meet us for lunch so that was really fun! Lunch was delicious and we had a great time! That afternoon we headed to Spring to drop off the cousins and came back home! What a fun week! We can't wait for you guys to come back and stay again, we had so much fun!
Cole pulling him and Jayda up on the pully system at the musuem.

The 3 new news anchors!

The girls making animal footprints in the sand.

Cole and Jayda climbing around at the Childrens Musuem.

Caitlyn ice skating.

Cole ice skating.

The 3 cousins eating at the Rainforest Cafe.

On saturday night we met Jacob's parents for dinner at The Inn at the Ballpark and went to the Astros game with them. It was a really good game and the Astros won.
Nanna and Pawpaw with Jayda at the hotel before the game.

Jacob and I at the Astros game.

Miss Hollywood!

Getting all ready to race!

And she's off! She has been wanting to do this for so long but has either been too little or too scared. She finally did it for the first time on saturday and loved it!

In other exciting news, I am happy to announce that we are expecting baby # 2! Most of you already know about this, but for those of you who don't, there ya go! I am almost 16 weeks along and we will find out the sex of the baby in about a month. We can not wait to find out what we are having! Everything has gone really well so far. I was a little nauseas the first trimester and extremely tired, but that has all passed. I still get tired, probably from chasing after Jayda more than anything, but that's par for the course. We've had one ultrasound done around 8 weeks and things looked good then. I will keep everyone updated on the progress and let you know when we find out what we're having!
In addition, we have more exciting news around here! Jayda is almost totally potty trained!!!!! HALLELUJAH!! I've still been putting her in diapers when we go out of the house and when she sleeps (in case of accidents), but all other times she wears panties. She is doing so good! Of course she does have some accidents but I'd say she goes in the potty 80-90% of the time. Pretty good for a just barely 2 year old!I am SO proud of her and so happy that she is well on her way! Changing 2 year old poopy diapers was not my thing anymore! Thankfully she has cooperated with the plan and it has definitely been a family effort (daddy included), let me tell ya, whew!
3 comments:
Lots of stuff in this post! Glad y'all had fun with the cousins! Jayda is becoming such a big girl! And of course YAYYYY about baby #2!!! Can't wait!! AND that is great news about the potty training! She's so smart, I knew she would get it quickly! Much better for Mommy than changing diapers!
Official congrats!!! Yay! Can't wait to hear more about baby2 and so glad both you and panda are public. I was really afraid I'd blow it!. haha
Woohoo! potty trained! way to go momma. THis takes endurance on your behalf we have been playing with it too. Glad you had fun with the cousins. I wondered when you might post something about the pregnancy.
Post a Comment