1st in my age group! Woo hoo, I was so excited! I think it may of been the fastest 5k that I've ever run (22:33), and if it wasn't it was sure close. I definitely surprised myself and it was nice to know that I can still "move it, move it" as Jayda would say. I was also so proud of my mom. She got 1st place Master Surivor + 2nd place overall survivor. She did so great! After the race we looked around for a while, got some free stuff and food and then headed to the most awesome restaurant called the Potpouri House. On a side note if you ever go to Tyler, TX, you HAVE to stop and eat at this place! I can't say enough about how amazing their food is! My mom and I got the soup, salad and potatoe bar so we got to try a little bit of everything and it was all so good! The atmosphere is so nice with lighted trees all around you. Then, the gift shop at this place is amazing. You can find something for everyone in there! We spent quite a long time looking around and finally decided we better leave before we bought out the whole store! So, we headed back to huntsville. It was so nice to get back home and see miss Jayda! I had been missing her so much, but I knew that she was having fun with her Daddy and Nanna. As soon as I got home Jayda wanted to wear my medal from the race. She was walking around cheesing with it on! After we got home Jayda left to go get Finding Nemo (her favorite movie ever that we have been renting from the library for the past month) with Nanna and Daddy and I got all ready and went to get a pedicure. It was sooo nice to have some time to myself. Peace and quiet, oh how nice! Thanks so much to Daddy and Nanna for giving me this time to go and have fun and enjoy myself, I thoroughly enjoyed it! On saturday night we went ahead and did a Mother's Day celebration with Jacob's mom since they had Rockets tickets for Mother's Day afternoon. Jacob's dad grilled some delicious steak and chicken and we had a big feast, opened presents, and celebrated with brownies and ice cream, yum!! Later that night we went over to my parents house so that we could celebrate mothers day with my mom on sunday. On sunday morning my mom and I went running together (that was a bit rough seeing that every muscle in my legs was very sore!) and then came back to get the rest of the gang. We all then went up to the duck pond to feed the ducks and play (now a mother's day tradition since we did the same thing last mothers day). Jayda LOVED feeding the ducks! She thought it was so funny to throw the crackers out at the ducks. We played around the park for a while then went to get drinks at sonic since it was so hot! Later that afternoon my mom and I opened our Mother's Day gifts and enjoyed a nice meal prepared by Oupa. Thanks for dinner dad, it was great! I had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day weekend! I am so blessed to have an amazing mom & mom-in-law, and to be a mommy, especially miss Jayda Michelle's mommy! Thank you Jacob for a wonderful weekend!
Cheesing with mommy's medal!

Mom and I + a little munchkin with our medals after we got home.

Jayda supposedly helping Nanna open her manicure/pedicure gift certificate (but really playing instead).

All 3 of us at the duck pond on Mother's Day.

Feeding the ducks.

Oupa and Jayda being silly at the park.

Jayda helping Oma open her new martin bird house.

Me opening my mother's day present.

My new entry way table from Oma! Thanks so much mom, I love it!!
3 comments:
Wow girl, 1st place!! That is so awesome! I'm proud of you. :)
I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it!
Wow, that was a fun filled packed weekend! Congrats on the race!! You are awesome!!! I am so glad you had a blessed Mother's Day, you deserve it!
Thanks girl! It was awesome. Lots of fun and good memories of many runs together.
Proud to have you as my daughter!
Love ya,
Mom
Post a Comment