Well, as you can guess we went to see the bluebonnets this weekend! We had planned to go to the Bluebonnet festival in Brenham on saturday, but due to the terrible weather we had ALL day, it just didn't quite happen. So, we made the trip up on sunday. We met my parents at their farmhouse in Waller, then drove together to Chapell Hill for the festival. The festival was really neat and there tons and tons of booths set up. Jayda had a great time running around checking everything out and getting snow cones. I was kind of expecting bluebonnets to be everywhere at this festival, but they weren't. It's just called that because it's the season for them, and they are all over that area. So, after checking out the shops and getting some lunch we took off on a driving tour of the bluebonnets around the Brenham area. They were so beautifu! You could see hills and hills of them everywhere, it was so neat. So, of course we had to get miss Jayda out of the car and take some quick pictures. We stopped on the side of the road at some peoples ranch. There was a sign that said "no treaspassing", but everyone was out on these people's land taking pictures, so we figured why not? Once we got in the bluebonnets we saw trails upon trails of where people had been walking to take pictures, so apparently the owner must know about this and not mind. I had to bribe Jayda with I-Keee! (ice cream) to take good pictures. Luckily it worked and we got some really cute ones. It was a really fun day and I would definitely recommend this festival to everyone. They also have a Scarecrow Festival in the fall at Chapell Hill and I'm betting that one would be really good too.
Jayda being silly in front of the Chapell Hill post office.

Cheesing for the camera at the festival!

Our favorite booth at the festival. Mom and I both bought pieces from this girl, she does a great job painting bluebonnets!

Look at that little smirk!

Oma and Oupa with Jayda in the bluebonnets.

Jayda with her Oma.

Family pic in the bb's.

This is where I found Jayda at the other night. Nina had run away to hide from Jayda, but of course look who found her!
4 comments:
Love her in the bluebonnets! She's such a ham and so cute while doing it. :)
We miss you guys!!
Thanks for the time we shared enjoying what spring brings with it. I will always remember Jayda's request for more BlueBell ice cream.
Love, Oma
Sweet pictures! She's so adorable!
That looks like so much fun!! I can't wait till we can go together next year! We miss yall so much!!!
Post a Comment