Our little family

Our little family

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We're back!!

We are finally back from the cruise and we had an AMAZING time! We had a blast and Jayda absolutely loved the cruise. She was so friendly and social and everyone seemed to fall in love with her. I don't think many babies go on cruises (probably because you have to pay for them like their an adult), so I think it made all of the crew miss their babies back home so they became very fond of her. It was soooo sweet! The 2nd day on the ship (monday) was my birthday and also Lauren and Greg's 1 year wedding anniversary. So, we had a lot to celebrate. I had a wonderful birthday. Lauren and I started the day out getting pedicures in the spa with a wonderful ocean view. It was the best pedicure I've ever had! Later on that day we went to a wine tasting. I've never really been to a real wine tasting, so that was really cool. They had a plate of appetizers and would tell you what to eat with each wine. That night we went to the Captain's welcome party and then we went out dancing while Nanna and Pawpaw watched miss Jayda. Jacob and Jayda also got me some really cute jewelry, so that was really sweet. On Tuesday we took Jayda swimming, relaxed and worked out. On wednesday we arrived in Jamaica. We decided to stay on the boat for the day instead of taking Jayda out in Jamaica. We found out that we would not be able to take the car seat wherever we went and we know how crazy the drivers are in Jamaica, so we just hung out on the boat for the day. I went and got my facial that morning that Jacob's brother Klint and his girlfriend Brandy had gotten me for my b-day (thanks guys)! Jacob ended up getting off the boat later that afternoon and went shopping for a while. On Thursday we arrived in the Cayman Islands. The 3 of us along with Jacob's parents all got off the ship early that morning and took a shuttle to the 7 mile beach. It is a beautiful white sand beach with crystal clear blue water, so pretty! Jayda played on the beach and we relaxed in the shade. We were only there for a couple of hours. After that Jacob and Jayda went back on the ship because Jayda was badly needing a nap. Suzie and I stayed in Grand Cayman a couple more hours and did some shopping. On Friday Jacob and I went snorkeling in Cozumel. We saw some amazing fish and had a great time. Our tour guide was wonderful. He even took food to feed the fish so all of the fish would follow him around and we'd be right there with fish swimming all around us, it was so cool! The next few days we just relaxed on the ship, went to the pool and ate a TON of food! I think all 3 of us gained some weight! We really did have an amazing time and I'm so thankful that so many of our friends and family got to enjoy this time with us! Can't wait for the next vacation!!

Jayda all dressed up on the first formal night.


Lauren and Greg looking pretty on the first formal night (which was also their 1 year wedding anniversary)!


Jacob and I dressed up for the first formal night (which was also my birthday).


Jayda and the Maitre De, he loved her and she loved him!


The 3 of us at dinner after the day in Jamaica.


Jayda trying to get the animal undone that our cabin steward would make for us every night.


Me and Jayda on the tender boat over to Grand Cayman.


Our little fam on the beach at Grand Cayman.


The 3 of us in Nanna and Pawpaw's room after Grand Cayman day.


Jayda looking cute in her dress we got her in the Cayman Islands.


Lauren, Greg and Jacob on the boat to go out snorkeling.


All of us at dinner after Cozumel day.


Group picture.


Group picture # 2.


Sweet baby girl sleeping in the bed where she spent a lot of time because she would wear her self out so much.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

It looks like you had a great time! It's funny that we both went on this cruise a couple of weeks apart 2 different years! I am glad Jayda liked the cruise so much.

Andrea said...

You have some adorable pictures of Jayda! It looks like y'all had a great time!

Unknown said...

When can we go on another vacation? I miss you!